Everyone loves lemonade in the summer time….or lemonade Beyonce style, but did you know this tasty drink minus the sugar can do wonders for your health?
I had always heard that, but it took meeting women that drank it religiously to change my mind. I’ll admit, it was for superficial reasons. I stood around gawking at their tight abs and flawless skin like “girrrrl how did you do it?” until I found out the secret wasn’t that deep….a bag of lemons!
Lemon water can do the following for your system:
- Rich source of various vitamins and minerals like vitamin B-6, folate, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and zinc.
- Reduces caloric intake when you replace juice with it
- Aids in digestion and digestive issues like cramps, gas, bloating, etc.
- Weight loss (when consumed warm)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Anti aging properties like antioxidants keep you looking young!
It’s also super easy to prepare. For you home refrigerator grab a pitcher and squeeze the juice from about 4 lemons for every gallon of water. Drop in some ice cubes to make it refreshing every time! If you’re on the go, grab a large bottle of water (Voss or Core are great for this) and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and shake!
I personally like to use the juicer, which gets alllll the good stuff out of the lemon and peels, and then put that juice into your water. Either way, sip and enjoy!