Am I the only one that feels like a badass when wearing black? In ancient Egypt, black represented life and rebirth so it makes sense that we wear black to funerals, or when we want to grab life by storm and fvck stuff up! Here are a couple fun facts about the color black:
- The color black is associated with sophistication & power…Tuxedos, limousines, judge’s robes, and priests’ attire are all typically black.
- The color black is so widely regarded as sophisticated in fashion that the term “the new black” is often used to describe and give merit to a color trend.
- Black symbolizes the combination of all colors of the universe. From black, all colors originate and create the rainbow.
- The Black Belt is considered the beginning of true achievement, understanding and wisdom, and blending the mind and the body into unity with the universe!
This look is simple to execute so grab your black gear and let the badassery begin! If you need a little help in that department check out one of my fave reads of 2017 “You are a Badass” by Jen Sincero!
(Color gives good energy too so sneak in a little bit of color when you wear all black – this time a pair of hot pink socks did the trick. 🌸)
Curvy ladies Joes Jeans are your friend! They cost a bit more but they always have enough room for the booty / thighs! No matter the brand, be sure to choose jeans that are high waisted to keep all your goodies in place and looking snatched!
- Jacket: Zara
- Jeans: Joe’s Jeans
- Booties – Rainbow
- Sunglasses – Private Collection
- Bangles – Alex & Ani